We have developed this policy so that you can feel confident about the privacy and security of the personal information that you provide to us.
Disclosure of information
Squarefoot Estate Agents complies with and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 in the United Kingdom. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal data.Our staff and those working for our agents and contractors maintain a responsibility to keep your information confidential and will only use it to offer relevant products and services related to your enquiry.
Any personal details that we use to provide or promote our products and services to you (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number, or any details of the services you have purchased or about which you have enquired) will not be passed to any third party organisation for marketing purposes without your permission and will not be used by us for any purpose other than that which you requested.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However to protect your data we put in place various security procedures including use of firewalls, backup measures, we limit access to data to relevant personnel and password protect all machinery holding personal data.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
The Board of Directors and management of Squarefoot Estate Agents Limited are committed to compliance with all relevant EU and Member State laws in respect of personal data, and the protection of the “rights and freedoms” of individuals whose information Squarefoot Estate Agents Limited collects and processes in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How we get information about you
We may collect and process the following data about you as follows:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by completing forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, title, address, email address, phone number or other contact information, financial details, and the records and contents of any correspondence and communications you have with us or any feedback which you leave for us.
Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including but not limited to the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet;
- Information about your visit, including but not limited to the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
You don’t have to register to access Squarefoot Estate Agents website, however, we want to help you find exactly what you require as quickly and smoothly as possible. Therefore the more we know about your preferences the easier it is for us to help you. For this reason we encourage you to register with us. Once registered we are in a better position to recommend specific properties or services of potential interest to you. Your details may be combined with other information in our records in order to: Save you having to keep giving us the same information for different Squarefoot Estate Agents services. Help you to get more out of your visits to our website by suggesting information about products and services which may be useful to you. Keep other parts of Squarefoot Estate Agents up to date with your details in order to offer you products and services by post or e-mail that may interest you. When you register you consent to us using your personal data in the manner described in this Policy. If you do not register, the personal data we collect from you will be limited to the specific enquiry you have made. Squarefoot Estate Agents will use that data for no other purpose than to facilitate that transaction.
If any of the information that you provide to Squarefoot Estate Agents changes, for example if you change your email address, name, address or contact numbers, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com
How we use your information
How we will use information you give us:
- To contact you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you.
- To assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website (including, without limitation, via third parties);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To verify your identity;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
How we will use information we collect about you:
In addition to the purposes listed above, we will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising to you and others (including via selected third parties);
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them (including via selected third parties).
How we will use information about you we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out.
Cookies and tracking
Squarefoot Estate Agents web site, or an embedded component from a trusted partner may automatically create a ‘cookie’ when you visit us. A ‘cookie’ is a piece of information that is held on your PC, which enables our website to recognise you on subsequent visits and allows us to tailor your visit to your specific requirements. As the ‘cookie’ is based on your PC we are unable to recognise you if you visit any of our websites from a different PC unless you register with us. If you do register then you will be able to login from any PC using your passcode.
Squarefoot Estate Agents use of ‘cookies’ does not include the collection of any personal information regarding the use of your PC or internet browsing in any way. If you do not want a cookie to be created on your PC, web browsers such as Netscape and Internet Explorer provide the option to disable them. Please note that some personalised services on this site may not be available if you choose to disable cookies.
You can read more about cookies and their use at the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s dedicated website: www.allaboutcookies.org
Squarefoot Estate Agents complies with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 in the United Kingdom.
We respect the privacy of personal email accounts and we store your email address as securely as any other personal information we hold. We will not send you unwanted email messages or junk mail and your details will not be passed to any organisation outside Squarefoot Estate Agents without your explicit permission.
If you have given us permission, we may use email to send you messages to keep you up to date with news about our current services, as well as anything you express an interest in, either online or through other contact with Squarefoot Estate Agents.
Third party sites
Third party internet sites that you can link through to from our website are not covered by our Privacy and Security policy, so we accept no responsibility or liability for these sites.